Call for entries for our 2021 Canal Calendar!
Thanks to our contributors and supporters, the 2020 calendar was a resounding success, with all calendars selling out quickly. Funds raised from calendar sales help to finance the continued work of the D&R Canal Watch in its endeavor to restore and preserve our inland maritime history.
The 2021 calendar project is now underway, and we urge you to consider participating. Visitors to the Delaware and Raritan Canal experience beautiful views at every turn of the towpath. The Canal Watch invites you to photograph the scenic beauty of our historic waterway and send your photo(s) to us for possible inclusion in our 2021 calendar.
The canal has many places that, when captured in a photo, may encourage others to get out and explore the park by foot, bike, canoe, or kayak.
Photos will be judged by professional photographers and twelve images will be selected for the pages of the calendar.
Entry rules for the photography contest will be as follows:
- Entries must be received by June 28, 2020. The Canal Watch will submit them to the judges in July.
- Only amateur photographers may submit images to the contest.
- Photos must be sharp and in focus.
- Calendar print size is 12″x12″. Original images may be submitted in landscape or portrait orientation but will be cropped square when in print.
- Photo files must be submitted in one of the following formats: jpg, tif, or eps format, and in sRGB color space.
- Digital photo files must have the following properties: 300 dpi and 3,000 pixels on the longest side.
- Mobile phone files may be sent; however, they must be submitted at their highest resolution. Because the final reproduction size of the calendar is 12″x12″, certain mobile files may be disqualified if they are not of the highest quality.
- Printed images will not be considered, nor will they be returned.
- Qualified images should be attached and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be notified only if your image(s) are selected for inclusion in the calendar.
- Each photo must be clearly identified as to the location from which it was taken and the date taken. Photos can be submitted from any year and showing any season.
- The email must contain the photographer’s name, address, phone number, and email address.
- By submitting your image(s), you agree to grant the D&R Canal Watch, a 501(c)(3) organization, the right to reproduce the photo(s) for calendar use in 2021. The D&R Canal Watch reserves the right to use the contest photo entries with entrant’s name on the Canal Watch website, www.canalwatch.org, in print, and promotional materials.